As regular readers would know I have reviewed the Sanyo Pedal Juice, and found it to be a great way to power pedal boards. One thing always bothered me a little, and it’s the colour. I’m not a big fan of the white appliance look, so when I received word today that Sanyo are launching a black version of the Pedal Juice at NAMM I was very excited.
Here’s the word from Sanyo:
ANAHEIM, Calif., Jan. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — SANYO North America Corporation (SANYO) introduces a black version of its eneloop Pedal Juice, a rechargeable DC 9V battery unit for effects pedals and other music devices. The popular Pedal Juice rechargeable battery, introduced last year, is available immediately at music stores nationwide and the black version will be available in late spring 2011. Both versions have an MSRP of $199.99. The black and the white Pedal Juice will be displayed at the NAMM Show 2011, the world’s largest musical instrument trade show, from January 13 to 16, 2011 in Booth 7013.
Pedal Juice was developed to meet the needs of both professional and entry-level musicians, delivering up to 50 hours of continuous power for a single analog pedal or up to 20 hours of continuous power to three digital pedals. Because the eneloop 9V rechargeable lithium-ion battery eliminates the need for AC power, the output voltage is more stable for longer periods of time without the possibility of AC ground looping noise. The battery can be recharged hundreds of times, thereby eliminating the waste and inconvenience of disposable 9V alkaline batteries. With two DC outputs, Pedal Juice can power multiple devices including pedals, multi-effect units, and portable recorders. Pedal Juice provides portable battery power to a single pedal or can be used to power several pedals at the same time.
Power management ranks at the top of issues faced by music performers, especially performances that use many portable music devices, including effects units, amps, graphic equalizers, and multi-track recorders, where power is typically provided through an AC adapter or a 9V dry cell battery (9V laminated battery). Rechargeable, portable, water-resistant, and rugged, Pedal Juice allows the freedom to play whenever and wherever the next gig might be.
“SANYO’s Pedal Juice provides clean, portable 9V power to effects pedals and other music devices. We designed the new model with the same great performance musicians have come to expect from SANYO,” said Tom Van Voy, General Manager of the Digital Solutions Division for SANYO North America. “Our new black-colored Pedal Juice will allow the musicians to decide which color best fits their rig.”
- Portable, rechargeable lithium-ion 9V power supply (max output 2,000mA, or 1,000mA per port when using both power ports)
- Stable voltage provides consistent, long-lasting sound quality
- Three-stage power indicator shows remaining battery level at a glance, even during use
- Easily turns on or off with one button
- Can be used outside even in wet weather. Water-Resistant to JIS IPX3 compliance level (no damage when sprayed with water in vertical position at angles of up to 60 degrees on both sides)
- No noise interference from surrounding electric equipment as occurs with AC power
- Approximately 3.5 hour charging time
- Standard usage times include approximately 50 hours for analog effects units (~10mA), up to 27 hours for digital effects units (~50mA), about 17 hours for digital multi effects units (~100mA), 7 hours for multi-track recorder or synthesizer (~300mA), and 2 hours for electronic drums or percussion (~1,000mA)
- Built-in 3.7V, 7.35Ah Lithium-ion battery
- Colors: White or Black
For more information about the SANYO ‘eneloop’ brand of products please visit http://us.sanyo.com.
I think many of you will agree with me that the Pedal Juice looks so much better in BLACK.