Currently browsing tag

DIY

The Charvel build project – part 6

The Charvel build project updates have been very quiet as of late. To get you up to speed, In the three months since I last provided an update on the Charvel build project I have sprayed clear coat on the body, and left it to cure. Two weeks ago I …

The Charvel build project – part 5

It’s been some time since I posted any updates on the Charvel build project. Things have been insanely busy and tough since late last year, so anything I need to work on takes a lot longer than usual. I’ve finally been able to make some progress with the Charvel project …

The Charvel build project – part 4

So I haven’t talked too much about the Charvel project lately. To be honest I’ve been a bit nervous about working any more on it, feeling like I had bitten off more than I could chew. I had started off the sand back on the body after the brown dye …

The Charvel build project – part 3

I had my first shot at dying some wood today. I mixed a basic mix of red and black dyes, and hit up some scrap pieces of maple. I will do some “proper” mixing later on with the next batch. Here are some photos of the results: This is the …

The Charvel build project – part 2

So it’s been a long time since I made the initial post about embarking on the Charvel build project, but finally here’s the first update! The Musikraft body and neck arrived yesterday, and look great! The figure in the flame maple looks fairly reasonable, so hopefully with some practice on …